Saturday, January 7, 2012

Relentlessly Cheerful Art

For a self-proclaimed geek, there is nothing like finding one or more of your favorite mediums combined. It's better than Christmas morning when you were five because you have precious few moments as an adult with that kind of mixed anticipation and joy! This definitely gets my excitement going.

It's Relentlessly Cheerful Art by James Hance. Now, I have to admit, this wasn't a fresh internet search or research project because I belong to this guy's Facebook page. I love to see the new stuff he's working on (like the recent series of sketches mixing Fraggle Rock with Lord of the Rings and off the cuff comments like ...."One Radish to Rule Them All" and "Nobody Tosses a Doozer". Hahaha! Best of all, the man offers his prints at $10 a piece!) but I did search to find his latest prints for sale, so it counts!




I originally ran across one of his paintings when searching for art for my dreary cubicle at work, I think. I don't even remember what I was looking for, to tell you the truth. It might have been Halloween 2010 when Creative Services set their department up as a Star Wars Cantina...but this is what I found (which still remains one of my favorite Hance offerings): "The Flower of the Force III"


So I continued to look for more of his art and then I found this adorable comic book which mixed two of my very favorite things in the world.....Star Wars and Winnie the Pooh.  Impossible, right? WRONG! This is pure brilliance.

You can buy a copy here for just $5!

I did and I tore through the sucker! Ok, I didn't "tear" through it because I have a severe reverence for comic books, which is why I was so jazzed that my book showed up bagged and boarded. However, I couldn't get enough of it and would love to see sequels or a series! But, being a crafty person myself, I understand how sometimes stretching a topic or a project beyond one presentation often dulls your appreciation of and satisfaction with it. So, I'll completely understand if we don't see anymore books but I DO know that James Hance keeps us all satisfied with new Wookiee the Chew prints.

My newest favorite (from his Facebook Page):


This is SO me. I went so far as to ask him (Mr. James Hance) if he'd be offering a print because it makes my geeky heart happy! (no answer yet, btw, but that was only an hour or so ago) This HAS to go on my wall. Geeky, adorable art that I AND my almost 6 year old mini-me can appreciate while elicting grins and giggles everytime we pass it.....WINNING!

You will also find, while perusing the site that you have an opportunity to satiate your geeky appetite and help a little girl in the process...James Hance's daughter, Madison. Madison is suffering from a rare intestinal disorder that has required many medications, surgeries, doctor's visits and as most of you can imagine, that leaves an enormous financial burden behind as well as an emotional toll.

James Hance is offering a limited edition Wookiee the Chew print "Off to Save the Princess" with a card and an original sketch for just $30 with proceeds going for research, treatment, recovery and associated costs for Maddy's condition. Being a parent, former tutor, preschool teacher, educational toy store buyer and future Children's Librarian, you can imagine how important it is for me to support such causes as no child should ever be denied treatment or its family punished for seeking treatment and wellness for their most precious asset, their children. I'm here to tell you from personal experience, when those bills do pile up, you do feel like you are being punished and sometimes the only thing that pulls you through, are the smiles on your child's face and the support of kind hearted individuals.

Get your print (below) today (here) or consider a donation and contact him at ironroseartistry@yahoo.com today. Support an artistic jewel and his spot of happiness as they bring so much to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Search

Copyright Text