Friday, April 18, 2014

Booktalk: Life During World War II

One of my favorite topics of history, so full of ups and downs and extraordinary things, this book talk is about 4 books with a similar thread...their subjects all contributed distinctly to the experience of those living, loving, fighting, surviving and dying during World War II, and turned the world on its ear.

Books:
We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball
Sweethearts of Rhythm: The Story of The Greatest All-Girl Swing Band In The World
Where the Action Was: Women War Correspondents In World War II
The Journey That Saved Curious George

Embedded Video:


Direct Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYWcI_ZpDc&feature=youtu.be



*Remind me to change the angle of the camera for my next booktalk. I swear, I do have a neck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Search

Copyright Text